Posted 2 months ago
Establish and maintain excellent relationships between the company and Research Heads, CEOs, and Heads of Business Development of outside companies and leading university scientists to position the company as a credible in- and out-licensing partner.
- Develop and maintain a solid, active and trustworthy network of potential pharma partners, through a thorough understanding of their portfolio strategies and evolution.
- Create on going visibility and interest in the company’s portfolio by strongly positioning the company portfolio to secure successful out-licensing deals.
- Drive the sourcing and lead generation of potential partners, the identification and engagement with key decision makers, the due diligence process, the negotiations and conclusion of transactions.
- Lead the building of a solid business frame and seek internal approval to conduct successful negotiations with prospective partners and secure deal closure.
- Lead the development of deal structure and support their presentation to the company governance boards as appropriate, be responsible both for progressing, closing and terminating transactions.
- Ensure that the company is regarded as partner of choice by third parties.
- Represent the company in selected conferences and industry functions (such as BIO, JP Morgan, and other key partnering conferences).
- Be the “project owner” in regard to in-licensing opportunities, lead the due diligence and the negotiation processes opportunities, in close collaboration with the Search & Evaluation representatives.
- Seek out and generate data required to build robust BD&L business cases (financial models) that are aligned with insights generated during the due diligence process.
- Create, own and present content for investment opportunities to the leadership team and executive committee, and present ongoing updates.
- Ensure a smooth transition of business opportunities to operational activities once a deal is closed, in close collaboration with Program Management from the due-diligence, to the asset transfer.
- PhD (or Master) in Life Sciences, MBA a plus
- 10 years of experience in Business Development, with a solid oncology knowledge and network strongly preferred.
- Measurable Track record in negotiating and closing multiple value-creation licensing deals (out- and in-) in the biopharmaceutical industry, with a strong focus on early development transactions (up to Ph. II). Must have a strong deal sheet (applications without a deal sheet will not be considered).
- Expert understanding of key principles of contracts, deal structures, intellectual property, value drivers and valuation principles of relevance for licensing, collaboration and related transactions.
- Has developed a strong network amongst Research Heads, CEOs, and Heads of Business Development in the Pharmaceutical, Biopharmaceutical, and Biotech Industry as well as in Academic research centers.
- Strong ability to build and nurture relationships with multiple external and internal stakeholders.
- Expert analytical skills and ability to effectively understand and act on complex information under high time pressure situations.
- Excellent communication and team player skills, including in situations of very high pressure, with the ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Outstanding ability to multitask and pre-empt future situations including at times of high pressure.
- Gravitas and significant leadership and influencing skills and track record.
- Expert project management experience and track record of proactive initiation of projects.
- Significant track record in terms of independently leading and transacting major complex deals.
- Strong judgement and decision-making skills in order to take responsibility both for progressing, closing and terminating transactions.
- Solution and results oriented, looking for “Win-win” solutions, able to be creative to solve problems in order to achieve major objectives of parties involved.
- Proactive, self-driven, and well structured, able to work in a rapidly shifting, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent command of English, French language skills a plus
|Job Category||BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & LICENSING, LIFE SCIENCES|