Establish and maintain excellent relationships between the company and Research Heads, CEOs, and Heads of Business Development of outside companies and leading university scientists to position the company as a credible in- and out-licensing partner.
- Develop and maintain a solid, active and trustworthy network of potential pharma partners, through a thorough understanding of their portfolio strategies and evolution.
- Create on going visibility and interest in the company’s portfolio by strongly positioning the company portfolio to secure successful out-licensing deals.
- Drive the sourcing and lead generation of potential partners, the identification and engagement with key decision makers, the due diligence process, the negotiations and conclusion of transactions.
- Lead the building of a solid business frame and seek internal approval to conduct successful negotiations with prospective partners and secure deal closure.
- Lead the development of deal structure and support their presentation to the company governance boards as appropriate, be responsible both for progressing, closing and terminating transactions.
- Ensure that the company is regarded as partner of choice by third parties.
- Represent the company in selected conferences and industry functions (such as BIO, JP Morgan, and other key partnering conferences).
- Be the “project owner” in regard to in-licensing opportunities, lead the due diligence and the negotiation processes opportunities, in close collaboration with the Search & Evaluation representatives.
- Seek out and generate data required to build robust BD&L business cases (financial models) that are aligned with insights generated during the due diligence process.
- Create, own and present content for investment opportunities to the leadership team and executive committee, and present ongoing updates.
- Ensure a smooth transition of business opportunities to operational activities once a deal is closed, in close collaboration with Program Management from the due-diligence, to the asset transfer.
- PhD (or Master) in Life Sciences, MBA a plus
- 10 years of experience in Business Development, with a solid oncology knowledge and network strongly preferred.
- Measurable Track record in negotiating and closing multiple value-creation licensing deals (out- and in-) in the biopharmaceutical industry, with a strong focus on early development transactions (up to Ph. II). Must have a strong deal sheet (applications without a deal sheet will not be considered).
- Expert understanding of key principles of contracts, deal structures, intellectual property, value drivers and valuation principles of relevance for licensing, collaboration and related transactions.
- Has developed a strong network amongst Research Heads, CEOs, and Heads of Business Development in the Pharmaceutical, Biopharmaceutical, and Biotech Industry as well as in Academic research centers.
- Strong ability to build and nurture relationships with multiple external and internal stakeholders.
- Expert analytical skills and ability to effectively understand and act on complex information under high time pressure situations.
- Excellent communication and team player skills, including in situations of very high pressure, with the ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Outstanding ability to multitask and pre-empt future situations including at times of high pressure.
- Gravitas and significant leadership and influencing skills and track record.
- Expert project management experience and track record of proactive initiation of projects.
- Significant track record in terms of independently leading and transacting major complex deals.
- Strong judgement and decision-making skills in order to take responsibility both for progressing, closing and terminating transactions.
- Solution and results oriented, looking for “Win-win” solutions, able to be creative to solve problems in order to achieve major objectives of parties involved.
- Proactive, self-driven, and well structured, able to work in a rapidly shifting, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent command of English, French language skills a plus
|Job Category||BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & LICENSING, LIFE SCIENCES|