Posted 1 year ago
- Work closely with the Global Program Head(s) and Global Project leaders (GPLs) to support/contribute with the development of the program strategy and its integrated development plan, ensuring consistency with the target product profile as well as cross-functional alignment
- Contributes and/or coordinates development of strategic documents and prepares for phase transitions in collaboration with the Development teams
- Responsible for strategy implementation and operational execution of the program, quality and accuracy of program plan and forecast in enterprise planning systems and providing guidance to maintain realistic program plans ensuring cross-functional alignment
- Coordinates team objective setting, prioritization and tracking, collaborates with teams to identify key program issues. May lead or participate in ad-hoc cross-functional sub-teams and task forces to address and resolve issues
- Contributes to risk assessment and contingency planning and communicates program status with the respective stakeholders in a transparent and timely manner
- Supports Global Program Head(s) and Global Project leaders in preparation of comprehensive program recommendations, board meeting presentations and updates for governance boards
- Reports on projects progress and deliverables.
- May manage/support external partnerships/collaborations
- Provides operational leadership to assigned teams; prepares and manages the effective coordination and facilitation of cross-functional team meetings from a program management perspective. Ensures team meetings have prepared agendas, allot adequate time for presenters, issue high quality meeting summaries/minutes, Responsible for identifying and capturing action items and for liaising with team members on follow-up activities and deliverables
- Contributes to functional excellence by supporting implementation of PM standards, team objectives, project documentation and communication
- Provides Program Management expertise and leadership in the areas of planning, tracking, scenario-generation, contingency development, critical path analysis, and risk management
- Develops and manages global, integrated cross-functional plans by:
- Identifying key deliverables for each function
- Understanding and outlining inter-dependencies
- Ensuring cross-functional alignment and accountability
- Coordinating project level budget/forecasting and managing project procurement activities
- Monitoring progress and adherence to timelines
- Identifying project risk and issues and facilitating resolution
- Support the project resource planning to assure that adequate resources are allocated to the program
- Actively establish and maintain a close partnership with the Clinical Study teams and program extended teams to ensure alignment and overall program execution
- Assure functional deliverables are completed on time, on budget and according to quality standards; you take a hands-on approach if required to support the various teams
- Prepare and present monthly reporting to team and stakeholders to show progress, results; anticipate risks and provide recommendations and solutions
- Maintain documentation and tracker on program changes and decisions impacting the program execution are assessed in regard to timelines, budgets, resources and documentation of endorsed changes & decisions by relevant Management Committees.
- Keep and maintain the program’s strategy and scope documentation.
- Manage the Integrated Development Plan and support the risk assessment process
- Play an active role in driving process improvement & best practices on the program and in developing Project Management tools, templates, processes
- Coordinate, elaborate and consolidate the writing of monthly, quarterly or annual reports of multi-projects progress and portfolio views, according to PMO good practice;
- Coordinate, elaborate and consolidate the writing of quarterly or annual financial reports of projects and portfolio views, according to PMO good practice;
- Actively contribute to promote the values of project management within the company, while maintaining a general information platform on PMO activities;
- Support the PMO management in their administrative tasks, as well administrative tasks of one or more Global Project Leader where appropriate.
- Supports Global Program Head(s) and Global Project leaders to role model a leadership style which is inclusive, proactive, change agile and results driven with a collaboration focus
- Partner with R&D team members to derive to high performing team spirit with a trusting relationship, sharing responsibility and working towards joint goal
- Support driving a continuous improvement mindset across the organization
- Science background, MS/ PhD preferred.
- 3-5 years of multi- / cross-functional experience on international and multidisciplinary drug development teams in pharma or biotech companies.
- Intermediate knowledge of special requirements of disease area specific drug development including regulatory and business requirements.
- 2-3 years of experience in Project Management for preclinical and clinical development, with hands-on project management skills, including project plans, timelines, budgets, resources, risk assessment and reporting.
- PMP or equivalent certification preferred.
- Excellent planning, anticipation, and organizational skills, and good analytical thinking.
- Ability to anticipate & troubleshoot problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills for bridging between scientific and business participants.
- Team player with an open mind, able to constructively accept feed-back and suggestions for improvement.
- Ability to handle multiple programs and responsibilities simultaneously on short notice and meet requirements in a fast-paced, high-expectation environments.
- Technology-savvy in all Microsoft Office applications; proficient in MS Project or similar planning tools.
- Fluency in English, second Language: German or French;
|Job Category||PROJECT MANAGEMENT|